Crowdology is a market research access panel available at https://crowdology.com (“Crowdology”) owned and operated by Savanta, a trading name of Savanta Group Limited (“Savanta”).
Please read this carefully because it sets out the terms of a legally binding agreement between you and Savanta.
As a Crowdology member (“Member”), you will have the opportunity to participate in market research activities in exchange for incentives (“Incentives”), which can be redeemed for rewards (“Rewards”).
These terms and conditions replace all previous terms and conditions for Crowdology. We may update these terms and conditions for legal or regulatory reasons, or to reflect changes in our services or business practices. We will provide notice of any significant changes in the Section headed “Changes to terms and conditions” below. You should regularly check this section to see if any changes have been made. Any changes will become effective as soon as we post them on https://crowdology.com/us/.
We may in exceptional circumstances cease to operate Crowdology, and we will try to give you reasonable notice of this, if possible. If we do cease to operate Crowdology, then we will have no further obligation to you – see the Termination section below.
Crowdology membership is open only to residents in the USA aged 16 years or over.
Employees of Savanta Group Limited, its holding companies or subsidiaries of its holding companies are not permitted to claim Incentives.
Where a survey requires the opinion of minors, any minors may only participate with parental consent, and using their parent’s membership.
Should you be accepted as a Member, you will be sent surveys by email, and may be invited to participate in other surveys (e.g. telephone surveys or focus groups). You are free to complete as many or as few surveys you wish.
You may only open one account per person. Accounts are not transferable. We will try to process your membership promptly, but we do not guarantee that your membership will be activated by any specified time.
You are responsible for keeping your username and password details safe. We will not be liable for any unauthorised use of your account, which includes unauthorised use of your email address, password, and Incentives.
We reserve the right to cancel or reject your membership if your details are found to be incorrect or for any or no reason.
Incentives, Rewards and Competition entry
You may earn Incentives by completing surveys. The amount of Incentives accrued for participation in surveys will be notified to Members via authorised communications. For more information on Incentives and Rewards, see our Frequently Asked Questions https://crowdology.com/us/faqs/.
Incentives can only be earned by following all and any instructions regarding the earning of such Incentives. Failure to follow any instructions may result in no Incentives being earned and you will have no recourse against Savanta Group Limited.
We will endeavour to credit Incentives into your account within 14 days of your completion of relevant surveys, but we do not guarantee that Incentives will be credited by any particular time.
No earned Incentives are ever available for redemption as Rewards until you have earned a minimum of $8 of Incentives.
We reserve the right to change the range of surveys and related activities through which Incentives may be earned and to vary the frequency of invitation to such activities and panels. We also reserve the right to alter the level of Incentives required before such Incentives can be redeemed as Rewards.
Incentives and Rewards may not be transferred to other Crowdology accounts nor pooled together in any manner and the sale or barter of Incentives and Rewards is strictly prohibited. Incentives have no monetary value and cannot be used for any purpose other than redeeming the designated reward.
We may from time to time adjust the Incentives in your account upwards or downwards in response to suspected (in our sole discretion) fraud and any error.
It is our understanding that the payment of Rewards to Members for completing surveys is taxable income. Members are not our employees, and it is the sole responsibility of Members to report and pay all taxes due in respect of income earned from completing surveys to the relevant tax authorities. We will not be held liable for any taxation, or related costs, resulting from any payments made to Members and Members indemnify us fully against such liability.
From time to time, we may run competition or prize draws and may automatically enter all Members. Such competition and draws will be governed by the respective terms and conditions which will be displayed for each competition and/or prize draw.
You agree to provide truthful and well considered answers to our market research activities.
We reserve the right to withhold Incentives if, in our reasonable opinion, your survey question responses are untruthful or not sufficiently well considered.
You can terminate your account at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link from any survey invitation email, or from your Crowdology Account page, or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
We reserve the right to terminate your account and/or cease to operate the Crowdology platform and provide access to services on the Crowdology platform at any time immediately and without cause and with or without notice.
On termination for any reason, you will lose any unredeemed Incentives in your account, we therefore recommend that, prior to you terminating your account, you redeem any Incentives over $8 as Rewards.
Intellectual Property Ownership
You acknowledge that:
- we are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in the Crowdology platform and all content/services available on it (“Crowdology Content”). No intellectual property rights in any Crowdology Content are transferred to you; and
- all survey responses, data and information provided by you on the Crowdology platform, including as part of a survey (“Survey Content”), becomes the Intellectual Property of Savanta Group Limited and/or its client or partners. You waive any moral rights you may have in regard to the Survey Content.
You agree that you will:
- only provide Survey Content that is your original content and will not infringe the copyright or other rights of any third party when publishing Survey Content;
- not post, link to or otherwise publish any Survey Content that is threatening, offensive, libellous, indecent or otherwise unlawful;
- not post comments that are discriminatory in nature, for example, comments which make attacks on the grounds of race, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, disability or age; and
- not post, provide or transmit any Survey Content that contains software viruses, files or code designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of Crowdology or any computer software or equipment.
Confidential Information and Data
Certain information provided to you on the Crowdology panel will be confidential in nature. You agree to not disclose any of such information relating to any third parties. We reserve the right to terminate your membership if we reasonably believe that you have breach this term.
On registration and when completing surveys you must provide us with accurate, complete information and it is your responsibility to update your registration information. We can rely on any information you provide us.
If you provide us with an email address that will result in any messages Savanta Group Limited may send you being sent to you via a network or device operated or owned by a third party (e.g. your employer or college) then you promise that you are entitled to receive those messages. You also agree that Savanta Group Limited may stop sending messages to you without notifying you.
Limitation of liability
This section is important and you should read it carefully.
Nothing in these terms shall exclude or in any way limit either party’s liability for fraud, death or personal injury caused by its negligence or any other liability to the extent such liability may not be excluded or limited as a matter of law.
Subject to this:
- our maximum aggregate liability under or in connection with these terms whether in contract, tort (including negligence) or otherwise shall in no circumstances exceed an amount equal to the USD equivalent of all Incentives in your account at the time of any event giving rise to liability; and
- we shall not be liable to you, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), for breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, arising under or in connection with these terms for:
- any loss (whether direct, indirect or consequential) of profits, sales or business, agreements or contracts, anticipated savings or goodwill;
- loss of use or corruption of software, data or information; or
- any special, indirect, consequential or pure economic loss, costs, damages, charges or expenses.
You are responsible for paying any internet connection or telecommunications charges that you may incur by accessing Crowdology or using the services available on it. For example, if you use any of our mobile services then your network operator may charge you for data or messaging services.
If this limitation of liability provision shall be deemed unenforceable, either in whole or in part, then such parts as are unenforceable shall be deleted, the remaining parts shall remain in full force and effect and the liability of Savanta Group Limited shall be limited to the greatest extent permitted by applicable law.
To the extent permitted by applicable law, you acknowledge that:
- use of Crowdology panel is solely at your own risk; and
- the Crowdology panel is provided on a strictly “as is” and “as available” basis, without representation or warranty of any kind.
Jurisdiction and Governing Law
These terms, and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with these terms or their subject-matter or formation (including non-contractual disputes or claims), shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the law of England and Wales.
You irrevocably agree that the courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any dispute or claim that arises out of or in connection with these terms or their subject-matter or formation (including non-contractual disputes or claims).
Notices and getting in touch
A notice (other than a notice in any legal proceedings) given by one party to the other under this Agreement will be properly served if it is in English and sent to:
- in the case of notices to us, 60 Great Portland Street, London, W1W 7RT, United Kingdom; and
- in the case of notices to you, the relevant postal address or email address we have in our Member database.
If you have any questions or would like to get in touch, you can contact us at email@example.com.
Changes to Terms and Conditions
These terms were published on 07.06.2023 and replace with immediate effect the terms and conditions published prior to that date.